Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dark Prayers by Natasha Mostert




Dark Prayers


Natasha Mostert

Rating and Recommendation

Rating: 4 teacups

Recommendation: Yes

Book Club Worthy: Yes, especially Sci-Fi, Paranormal and even Mystery fans

Review

Will Eloise choose Jenilee or Jack before she is murdered?

I actually loved the twists and turns in this plot. That being said the reason it received only a 4 instead of 5, is the first few chapters, to all appearances, were incongruent. One later realizes this knowledge was necessary to the plot, however, I wish it could have been introduced a little less bumpy. The rest of the book flowed easily along and swept me along to where I could not put it down. I needed to know what happened next, not want, I needed.  Mostert kept her cards close all the way to the end of the book. The answer to the above question posed as teaser is all the way in the epilogue, and no, I do not give spoilers, please find the answer in the book.

Although I did not think a couple of the beginning chapters flowed together, they stilled were quite a joy to read. They just gave the impression of puzzle pieces from the wrong puzzle, but it turns out that you do need them for this outstanding Paranormal, Sci Fi, and Mystery work. So if you are into Paranormal, Sci Fi, or Mystery you will like this novel. If you like all three, you are going to love Mostert for this great journey she takes you on. Enjoy the ride, I know I did.

                                                             Disclosures


*I would like to thank Portable Magic, Ltd. who allowed me to preview this book via Net GALLEY for a fair and honest review.

If you buy this book through the above link money is generated, however, donated to the non-profit American Association of University Women (AAUW). 

www.aauw.org


AAUW works empowering women, since 1881, standing up for causes in the areas of educational, social, economic and political issues especially important to women. Marie Currie was one of the first beneficiaries of the group that would become AAUW receiving monetary help to attend college. I am a proud member and believe that the profit from books seems a fitting donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment